Over 15 years of web development experience. Used to working on a wide variety of types of web based projects.
Experienced with setting up and managing servers. Usually Ubuntu Server on AWS or Rackspace Cloud Servers.
Quick learner; continuously learning how to be a better developer and familiarizing self latest technology, languages, and best practices. Currently learning more about front end development using Angular and websockets for fast desktop style applications on the web.
2012 - Present
Spark Hire is the world’s fastest growing video interviewing platform. We deliver robust and affordable online video interviewing solutions for employers and staffing firms.
I am the Lead Developer in a group of about 9 developers. I joined in 2012 before the site officially launched and helped it grow and scale to hundreds of thousands of videos and users.
My responsibilities include architecture, design, development, training and project lead roles across our web and mobile projects.
- Created our public RESTful API that powers our mobile apps and third party applications
- Worked with partners to assist them integrating with our API
- Set up queuing process and workers to process and store thousands of videos a day
- Transitioned from an in-house legacy framework to Laravel without stopping for a major rewrite
- Led the redesign of our web app as well as our public site
- Created our billing systems
- Created an admin portal to allow sales and support to assist users
- Improved email delivery and reduced bounce rate
- Coached junior developers, continuous training on git and development best practices
- Scaled everything to continue to work quickly and affordably as the company grew rapidly
2012 - 2012
Senior Web Application Developer
Lightswitch is a Lightbank startup in Chicago. I led a small team of developers working on a variety of projects. I work on many kinds of projects such as mobile web apps, native apps, web applications, RESTful APIs, etc. I also set up and maintain the servers behind all of it.
2006 - 2012
Web Application Developer
Caxy, Inc, Full-Time
Developed many websites from scratch, including microsites, corporate websites, and large social networking sites as well as maintaining websites created by previous employees and other companies.
Spearheaded the development of company coding standards and implemented code reviews to improve code quality. Trained co-workers on web standards, MVC design, and latest technologies.Set up and managed the source control server, wiki, bug tracker, Jenkins based build and deployment process, and many other internal tools used to keep track of projects and speed up development.
Managed a few outsourced developers on longer projects, setting their deadlines and prioritizing their task lists.
Mentored new developers to get them up to speed quickly, and help them learn new technologies to make them more productive.
2003 - 2006
Radial Studios, Full-Time
Built several custom content management systems. Planned, designed, and built several medium sized websites targeting the Columbus Ohio area.
2001 - Present
Freelance Web Developer
Provide custom web development mostly using CodeIgniter or WordPress. Everything from one page brochure sites, to large company intranets and content heavy "social" sites.
- Over 14 years of web development experience.
- Experienced in working on a wide variety of web based projects.
- Experienced with setting up and managing servers. Usually CentOS or Ubuntu Server on Rackspace Cloud Servers.
- Quick learner; continuously learning how to be a better developer and familiarizing self latest technology, languages, and best practices.
Eat Your World
A travel and food site. Rebuilt the entire site along with a custom CMS. Incorporates lots of geolocation aware data.
My personal project, a team based project management and code review web application made to simplify development workflow. It features a code review system, detailed code search, integration Subversion and Git, chat, and automated code metrics.
University of Miami
Created standards-based templates from client’s designers’ Photoshop documents.
Thomas Edison University
Created their online application. Developed administration scripts, templates, and CMS setup
Migrated aging code to the CodeIgniter framework for a financial and stock trading education subsidiary of TD Ameritrade.
Created very successful sweepstakes microsite in an insanely short period of time.
QuikOrder (Pizza Hut / Dominos)
Developed user-friendly online ordering system utilized by North American restaurants such as Pizza Hut and Dominos.
Miller Brewing Company
Developed web-based reporting software for the Miller sales department to replace their older and much slower software. Improved report generation time by over five minutes.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Implemented dozens of department micro sites using a CMS that would be easy for department heads to understand and use.